Keeps a section of your pond's surface ice free in the cold winter months.
- Keeps an area of the pond ice free
- Enables vital oxygen to enter the water
- Enables the release of toxic gases from the water caused by the breakdown of vegetation and waste matter
- Gives birds a vital source of water during the winter period.
- 5 metre outdoor cable for safe connection to power supply
- Polished brass casing for quick and efficient heat transfer
- 150 watt element for economical use
- Expanded foam float indicates position of heater and keeps it at surface level
The Bermuda Pond Heater will keep a small area of your pond ice free when the cold winter weather sets in. Oxygen is vital to the health of your water and aquatic life, without an area free of ice, oxygen cannot enter the pond. The Bermuda Pond Heater economically keeps an area of your pond from freezing over. Not only does this allow oxygen to enter, it also allows the release of toxic gases that can become trapped underneath the ice. The Pond Heater has a 5 metre outdoor cable for safe connection to your power supply and only uses 150 watts.
The Pond Heater is suitable for use in ponds ups to 25 sq ft in size. For ponds larger than this, multiple pond heaters would be necessary. The Pond Heater is easy to use, once installed; the heater can be left in the pond throughout winter and only switched on when ice is predicted.