shelf life of 2 years
Use Hydra Duckweed for Duckweed Control & Elimination in your Water Garden Ponds for Beautiful Ponds
- A safe and natural solution for preventing the growth of duckweed.
- The after effects mean that once the existing infestation has been removed its return is inhibited so that the duckweed will find it very difficult to return.
- Can be added direct to filter or to pond.
- Clean, simple and easy to use.
- Safe for fish, plants, humans, pets and wildlife.
- No herbicides or pesticides are used in Hydra DW-400.
- Contains specific micro-organisms which starve duckweed of essential nutrients but do not slow other plant growth.
• Switch off UV lights for 2 days when first adding Hydra DW-400 to system.
• If UV is part of filter system then remove fuse for UV tube.
• As this is a biological product the bacteria will reproduce slower in the winter months and reach their maximum growth rate when the water temperature is above 12*C.
Usage Rates - Ponds
• Apply once first week at 1st Application Rate, then use maintenance dose for next 3 weeks, then treat once per month at maintenance dose rate.
• Either add to biological chamber of filter box (after UV light if present). Or place directly into water body via a feeder stream (waterfall, pump return etc).
|Size of Pond In Litres||Size of Pond in Gallons||1st Application||Next 3 weeks (once per week)||Maintenance once per month|
|250-1,000 ltr||50-220 gallon||100 gram||50 gram||50 gram|
|1,001-2,000 ltr||221-440 gallon||200 gram||100 gram||100 gram|
|2,000-5,000 ltr||441-1,100 gallon||300 gram||150 gram||150 gram|
|5,000-20,000 ltr||1,101-4,400 gallon||400 gram||200 gram||200 gram|
|20,000-50,000 ltr||4,401-11,000 gallon||500 gram||250 gram||250 gram|
Usage Rates – Lakes
• Either add directly into water body via a feeder stream (waterfall, pump return etc) or,
• Spread the Hydra DW-400 around the surface of the lake.
• Apply once first week at 1st Application Rate, then use maintenance dose for next 3 weeks, and then treat once per month at maintenance dose rate.
|Size of Pond In Acres||1st Application||Next 3 weeks (once per week)||Maintenance once per month|
|1 acre||1 kilo||500 gram||500 gram|
|5 acre||5 kilo||2.5 kilo||2.5 kilo|
|10 acre||10 kilo||5 kilo||5 kilo|
Biological Bacterial treatment prevents growth of Duck Weed and brings water body back to balance.
Duckweed (Lemna Minor) is a small floating plant that creates dense carpets
of foliage over a pond surface. This cuts out light killing all submerged
aquatic plant life. Duckweed has the highest growth rate of any higher plant. In
ideal conditions i.e. high levels of nitrates and phosphates, the surface area
covered by duckweed can double in less than 2 days.
The best way to eliminate duckweed is biological control by Hydra DW-400 by modifying the water chemistry and creating conditions which prevent the spread of this problematic aquatic plant. If you have a biologically balanced pond you will not have a duckweed problem.
Hydra Dw-400 is used in large Koi and gold fish ponds, zoo ponds and boundary water courses, leisure fishing lakes and ponds that have become ecologically unbalanced, intensive aquaculture operations like fish farms, angling clubs etc, commercial fish farms and live stock holding tanks.
Duckweed usually reproduces by budding on the margin or base of the "fronds". In temperate climates, Duckweed survives the winter by producing buds (called turion) that sink to the bottom of the pond. It grows best in shallow nutrient-rich pools (e.g., with decaying vegetation), sheltered from wind and currents.
Duckweed is dispersed by water or transported by water birds. The plants are also small enough to be carried along with weather like tornadoes. They have even been found inside hailstones!