shelf life of 3 years
Releases pH buffering solution to keep pond & lake water in balance
- Hydra pH Up rapidly releases a pH buffering solution into the pond water to help keep it in balance for GH General Hardness and KH Carbonate Hardness.
- Pond alkalinity is naturally decreased over time through bacterial action which produces acidic compounds that combine with and reduce the alkalinity components.
- Rain in today’s global warming climatic conditions contains large amounts of CO² which is acidic.
- Ideal for emergency treatment in case of pH crash which can cause death of fish.
- Ponds with vinyl liners or of fibre glass construction tend to show a decrease in alkalinity (they do not contain any natural pH buffers) over time and need Hydra pH Buffer to maintain an acceptable level.
• 1 kilo treats 7,000 litres of pond water.
• 5 kilo treats 35,000 litres of pond water.
Full usage instructions on label.
Rapid release pH buffering solution for emergency treatment in case of pH crash.
Naturally occurring carbonates in your pond water buffer significant drops in pH. A pH crash can occur rapidly and happens when carbonates are depleted in your system. It is important to ensure that your pond has adequate carbonate levels. What reduces carbonates? Carbon Dioxide formation by fish, algae and plants and Hydrogen ion liberation from ammonia reduction, etc. It is important to check pH levels haven't dropped below pH 7 if you are keeping gold fish or Koi especially if you have experienced heavy rainfall.